In schools where they are used, iPads are a great motivational tool but also harm concentration, as one study of 6,000 pupils in Canada found. Even the students themselves – more than 99% of them – reported they found the tablet a distraction. As for teachers, just one out of the 302 surveyed didn’t mention distraction as a “major challenge”.
from “Let’s chalk up some rules before iPads enter every classroom”to-teach)
Few topics in grammar and usage inspires as much dread and confusion as lay vs. lie. This post will allay your fears.
Need even more examples? Here you go:
- When I get home, I’m going to lie in the hammock and relax.
- In which room should I lay the new rug?
- Yesterday, my dog lay on my lap and took a long nap.
- Jim has lain on the sofa since noon.
- Every night, Finn lies on his bed and sleeps inside his sleeping bag.